Monday, February 11, 2008

carnegie hall



Emily was kind enough to take me out to carnegie hall for my first symphony experience, and it was just amazing.the baltimore symphony orchestra performed stravinky's firebird suite plus 3 other pieces, but by far, my favorite was stravinky's piece.
i managed to create a few doodles while sitting down. the composer was really fun to watch and study her quick and expressive gestures, which i tried to capture but i think i kinda failed, nonetheless it was still fun to try. the other is a brush drawing of Emily done while in intermission.

5 comments:

Carlos V. said...

you didnt fail at all buddy! How ya been?

Anonymous said...

Those gestures are sweet!
It makes me miss life drawing soooo bad.

Jorge@jlacera.com said...

Dude nice pen drawings, i friggin LOVE you pen work, post MAS!

Kim Herbst said...

Great gestures!! The BSO is really something, I used to try and see them whenever I could in Baltimore!

Kristen Cowan said...

I think you captured the conductors gestures very well. I really love your style.